Monday, January 4, 2010

Do We Need More?

Day 4: If we have a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom home, and own 2 cars we are considered rich in most other countries. I read that a couple of months ago in a newspaper article. Most people think they have to have more, but God will only give us what we can handle. I read Philippians 4:19, "My God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus." After dwelling on this verse, I thought to myself, " We we have a house, food to eat, heat to stay warm, and a car to drive. God, you have provided my needs, and I thank you for that." Sometimes, we need to take a moment and really think about how much we really have and stop thinking we need more.

1 comment:

  1. My constant prayer is that I will not desire the things of this world! It takes certain things to live in this world but, we are called to not be a part of it!
    So true.......

    ReplyDelete