Friday, January 1, 2010

January 1, 2010: The Beginning

My name is Ricky, and I have been married for 11 years tomorrow to my wife, Jennifer. Together, we have 4 wonderful boys . We pray daily about raising and disciplining these boys to grow into Godly young men. We are doing the best we can. I have been a Christian for almost 3 years, and I am growing closer in my walk every day with God. While I am trying to do what He wants me to do, I am writing my thoughts on scripture and reflections on the word. I have decided to start this journaling on January 1, although I am up late and it has gone into the next day. I hope you will come along with me on this spiritual journey. I am just an ordinary dad, a regular guy...a broken man walking with God.

Well, another year has come and 2009 has gone. I have prayed about doing a blog, and it is something I wanted to do. This blog will consist of my thoughts and reflections from each day and what God has taught me for the day. I have made a goal to record my thoughts each day.

Day 1: The verses I was looking at today were Philippians 4:10-13. The very last verse got my full attention. Philippians 4:13 says "I can do everything through Him who gives me strength." Sometimes we try to dictate how our day and our life are going to be, but in reality, it is not about our plans or ideas. I came to realize that God has a plan for us. God just gives us the strength, and it is by His will how our life turns out. It will not be easy or smooth. There will be bumps and turns that do not go our way. In all, it is His strength that we need to depend on to get us through our day, week, and our lives. I challenge everyone to committ everything to Him and test His strength.

1 comment: